maven-users mailing list archives

From "Manfred Moser" <manf...@simpligility.com>
Subject Re: list of available properties
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2013 02:36:05 GMT
> I think some of it's goals are questionable from a “best practice” point
> of
> view. Certainly read-project-properties and set-system-properties should
> come with health warnings as they can have very visible edge cases:

> The plugin is helpful... but usually only when you are dealing with other
> plugins that are poorly written/designed.

Agreed. I am using it when dealing with external systems where I can not
easily change over to pom based properties but have to work with
properties files.

I believe that it should still be release with a 1.0 version. Maybe with
warnings in the log or whatever. After all we are not removing profile
support just because it is a best practice not to overuse profiles. Or
repositories declared in the pom and so on.

Anything worth using is worth a 1.0 version.

just my 2c however.

manfred