maven-users mailing list archives

From John Dix <John....@amdocs.com>
Subject Failure to find artifact in Nexus
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 23:47:07 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have hit a wall in trying to figure out why we're getting this failure:

org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Failure to find commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1
in http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases was cached in the
local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases
has elapsed or updates are forced

during our builds. On a clean .m2/repository directory(ran rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/*) and
executing the following command:

mvn -e -DskipTests clean install -f <path to our pom>. This happens the first time and
then after that it picks up the file. It happens on the SAME file everytime after a wiping
of the .ms/repository directory. I have looked and visually verified that the jar file it
is looking for is in the .m2 repo and is the correct version it is looking for. I have tried
using the -U switch with the maven command to no avail. We are getting this on one more jar
file after this one gets resolved but it behaves the same: rerun and it finds it. We do not
encounter this on other products, just this one.

Does anyone have any idea on how to move forward on this? I am at a loss.

Regards!
-Caolan.

Maven essentials:
Apache Maven 3.0.5 (r01de14724cdef164cd33c7c8c2fe155faf9602da; 2013-02-19 13:51:28+0000)
Maven home: /usr/local/maven-3.0.5
Java home: /usr/local/jdk1.7.0_02/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.x86_64", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

Full Stack:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project applicationContextComponents: Could not resolve
dependencies for project com.amdocs.dc.applicationcontext:applicationContextComponents:jar:1.0-rc-4-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1 in http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval
of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal on project
applicationContextComponents: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.amdocs.dc.applicationcontext:applicationContextComponents:jar:1.0-rc-4-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1 in http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval
of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases has elapsed or updates are forced
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:210)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.resolveProjectDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:117)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.ensureDependenciesAreResolved(MojoExecutor.java:258)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:201)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
                at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
                at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
                at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
                at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
                at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
                at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.DependencyResolutionException: Could not resolve dependencies
for project com.amdocs.dc.applicationcontext:applicationContextComponents:jar:1.0-rc-4-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1 in http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval
of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases has elapsed or updates are forced
                at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:189)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:185)
                ... 22 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.DependencyResolutionException: Failure to find commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1
in http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases was cached in the
local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases
has elapsed or updates are forced
                at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:375)
                at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:183)
                ... 23 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Failure to find commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1
in http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases was cached in the
local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases
has elapsed or updates are forced
                at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:538)
                at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:216)
                at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:358)
                ... 24 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Failure to find commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1
in http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases was cached in the
local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases
has elapsed or updates are forced
                at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.newException(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:230)
                at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.checkArtifact(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:176)
                at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:427)

John "Caolan" Dix
Programming Sr. SME, Digital Commerce
Amdocs Digital Services Division
o: 206-288-0334 m: 425.351.7340

AMDOCS | EMBRACE CHALLENGE EXPERIENCE SUCCESS

Did you know...?
Amdocs Mobile Payments enables operators to manage any number of app stores, merchants and
aggregators and generate revenues from digital content and mobile commerce

Follow Amdocs on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/amdocsinc/>, Twitter<http://twitter.com/AmdocsInc>,
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/amdocs>, YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/amdocsinc>
and Google+<https://plus.google.com/105657940751678445194> - and read the latest on
the Amdocs blog network<http://blogs.amdocs.com/>.