maven-users mailing list archives

From Bidlo <petr.mens...@gmail.com>
Subject How to create new directory in target folder with Maven
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 20:06:05 GMT
I am writing a library which will create a report based on the test results
(imagine something like Surefire). And my problem is, I am able to create a
folder in target/ directory to hold the report and also copy there necessary
files but I can do that only when I build the library project itself.

I would like to achieve same behavior like a Surefire plugin has, that means
if I put dependency for my library to some project, let's say myProject,
then I will get something like myProject/target/myLibrary after the build.

btw, this is what I currently have

<plugin>
     <version>1.7</version>
         <executions>
             <execution>
                <phase>generate-test-sources</phase>
                <configuration>
                    <tasks>
                        <echo message="Creating folder for the lib..." />
                        <mkdir dir="${report.folder}" />
                        <echo message="Copying Twitter Bootstrap libraries
to the ${report.folder}" />
                        <copy todir="${report.folder}">
                                <fileset dir="src/main/resources/bootstrap">
                                    <include name="**/**" />
                                </fileset>
                            </copy>
                        </tasks>
                    </configuration>
                    <goals>
                        <goal>run</goal>
                    </goals>
                </execution>
            </executions>
        </plugin>

I also tried to execute this code inside my library
FileUtils.copyDirectoryToDirectory(new File("src/main/resources/bootstrap"),
new File("target/myLibrary") but I will get obvious FileNotFoundException -
bootstrap doesn't exist in the project which is using the library