maven-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject skinny WAR classpath includes timestamped entries for SNAPSHOT dependenencies
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 16:06:54 GMT
I have a large, multi-module project that includes WAR and EAR projects.
We are using skinny WARs inside the EAR.

I'm seeing a problem where the WAR manifest has timestamped classpath
entries (e,g, research-jpa-1.0.0-20130802.111122-177.jar) but the EAR
contains SNAPSHOT files (e.g. research-jpa-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar).

This only appears to happen if the dependencies (research-jpa in this
example) are retrieved from the remote repo. The problem goes away if I
"mvn install" the research-jpa project before building the WAR project.

Is there a work-around for this problem? Is it a known issue or should I
open a JIRA for it? If I should open one, would it be against the WAR
plugin or the archiver?

If it matters we're using Maven 3.0.5, war-plugin 2.4, ear-plugin 2.8

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
Advisory Software Engineer | IBM Watson Solutions Release Engineering
email: carej@us.ibm.com | External: 919-543-4907 | Tie line: 441-4907