maven-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Coast <nathan.co...@db.com>
Subject Re: how to make the SVN release process more robust
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 17:11:30 GMT
Classification: Public

We have considered that route, and unfortunately that option is not
possible for us.

From:
Baptiste MATHUS <ml@batmat.net>
To:
Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>,
Date:
05/08/2013 16:01
Re: how to make the SVN release process more robust

Hi,

Well, as this is actually something that the SCM itself allows, I would
consider just forbidding on my svn server.

This might be an interesting evolution though to be able to enforce this
at
the maven-release-plugin (though unlikely to happen often since the three
usual commits actually happen very close to each others).

Cheers

2013/8/5 Nathan Coast <nathan.coast@db.com>

> Classification: Public
>
> Hi all,
>
> As SVN tags are simply a convention overlayed on top of SVN directories,
> SVN tags are therefore mutable.  This opens the possibility that someone
> could inject code to a tag between the release:prepare and the
> release:perform phases.
>
> This would mean that the code checked out during release perform phase
> could be different from the code which was originally tagged.
>
> To close this potential loophole, I'm considering this solution:
> 1)  Modify the behaviour within
> org.apache.maven.scm.provider.svn.svnjava.command.tag.SvnTagCommand  to
> return the tag revision number via TagScmResult
> 2)  Write the result to release.properties
> 3)  Utilise the revision number within the checkout command (tag plus
> revision#)
>
> Does anyone have any alternate suggestion for how to solve this?
>
> Regards,
> Nathan
>

> ---

you
> please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any
> e-mail is strictly forbidden.
>
> Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for
> additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.

> --
> Sauvez un arbre,
> Mangez un castor ! nbsp;! <users-help@maven.apache.org>

---