maven-users mailing list archives

From Alan Oehler <aoeh...@instartlogic.com>
Subject Trouble with custom titlepages using Maven docbkx plugin to generate output
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 18:13:42 GMT
Hi, all,

I hope someone out there has some tips for me regarding this very confusing
issue I've encountered when I try to generate my HTML output from the
context of the Eclipse Maven docbkx plugin.

In my customization layer I have an import statement to use the custom
titlepage I generated as per the usual method as described in Bob Stayton's
guide.

If I run the Maven build, it fails with this error on parsing that file:

Error at div on line 1838 <my custom titlepage file>:
  No attribute-set exists named topic.titlepage.recto.style

If I comment out the import statement, it builds fine with the default
titlepage settings. But I don't *want* the default titlepage setting -
that's why I generated a customized one.

Looking through the DocBook distribution, I located that attribute set
defined in the file titlepage.xsl in each of the transformation
directories. The definition is simple an attribute set with nothing in it.

So I thought that if I copied that attrtibute-set elemtn into my
customization layer, things should work.

Well, they do - sort of. I get a file with nothing in the top of the page
at all where the pieces the titlepage XSL creates usually appear - the
document title and some other specified metadata.

Outside of Eclipse, if I run the usual command-line transformations,
everything works just like it should.

I suspect there's something I'm not understanding about how the docbkx
plugin accesses the DocBook XSL files, or about how the general
transformation is calling the titlepage XSL file.

Any clues from anyone that might have gone this way before?

Thanks!

Alan

--
Alan C. Oehler