maven-users mailing list archives

From Baptiste Mathus ...@batmat.net>
Subject Re: How to define properties in a parent pom that are referenced in a child pom relative to the parent, not the child?
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:38:52 GMT
You're right. You shouldn't access things from another module this way.

You could indeed package your dependency as a standard one, or even create
a dedicated plugin) that could use that dependency or even the dirty
decompression work ;)).

Cheers

Le 15 août 2013 22:23, "Francesco Mari" <mari.francesco@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Is the path setting a configuration for a plugin? Is it just a property?
>
> If I correctly understood the Maven way, you should wrap your
> phantomjs executable in its own project, so to deploy an artifact to
> your repository (or at least to have such an artifact in your reactor
> project). Then you can use the Maven Dependency Plugin to copy the
> phantomjs artifact in the projects which use it.
>
> 2013/8/15 KARR, DAVID <dk068x@att.com>:
> > I'm trying to setup javascript unit tests with phantomjs.  I'm trying
to store the phantomjs executable in a parent pom along with a path setting
relative to that.  When it's referenced from a child pom, I need the path
to be relative to the parent pom, not the child pom.  I have a similar
problem with other common resources that are needed for the test
infrastructure.  I browsed through the references that describe Maven
properties, but I didn't see anything that might help me with this.