maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: Not authorized issue when transfering metadata...
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 08:16:57 GMT
First, please be aware that you've disclosed the password for your Archiva
admin account on a mailing list. I strongly advice you to change it.

Reading your mail more thoroughly, I now think the problem is that you use
dav for deploying. Any reasons for that? Surely Archiva supports plain
http, doesn't it?
Maven 3.x doesn't support dav out-of-the-box, but you need to add some
config to your pom for that. You would find instructions on the Internet on
how to do it. However, I think you should try to switch to plain http
instead.

/Anders

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Bengt Rodehav <bengt@rodehav.com> wrote:

> Thanks for you advice Baptiste and Anders.
>
> I'm fairly sure that we use the same settings.xml but I will verify that
> again.
>
> /Bengt
>

> 2013/8/16 Anders Hammar <anders@hammar.net>
>
> > I fairly often see new Maven users modify the settings.xml in the Maven
> > installation instead of creating a settings.xml in their user profile.
> The
> > latter is normally much better as it will be used regardless of what
> Maven
> > version/installation is used (will even work with your IDE).
> >
> > /Anders
> >

> > On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Baptiste Mathus <ml@batmat.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Maybe you're not using the same settings.xml with 3.0.4 ? You'd be
> > missing
> > > the credentials?
> > >
> > > My 2 cents
> > > -- Baptiste