maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Name of a new Apache plugin for maven?
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 06:58:21 GMT
On 6 August 2013 16:20, christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am part of the Apache Flex Team and am currently working on Setting up a new Maven
plugin for building Apache Flex applications. This will be an official Apache maven plugin,
so would I be allowed to Name it "maven-flex-plugin" or should "flex-maven-plugin" be used
instead? I would prefer "maven-flex-plugin" by far, but don't want to have to rename everything
in the case this is not allowed.

All the advice is over at
http://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-java-plugin-development.html

This has

"
Important Notice: Plugin Naming Convention and Apache Maven Trademark

You will typically name your plugin <yourplugin>-maven-plugin.

Calling it maven-<yourplugin>-plugin (note "Maven" is at the beginning
of the plugin name) is strongly discouraged since it's a reserved
naming pattern for official Apache Maven plugins. Using this pattern
is an infringement of the Apache Maven Trademark.
"