maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: How do I de-activate a profile if another profile is specified?
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 21:35:58 GMT
Hi Dave,

> I want to activate a profile (profileA) at all times unless the user
> specifically requests profile B on the command line

I didn't look at the Maven source code, but I am guessing all profile
activations are evaluated before any activations actually take place? That
would an intuitive way to code it, anyway.

As a workaround, you could do:

                <profile>
                        <id>recreateTestDbON</id>
                        <activation>
                                <property>
                                        <name>recreateTestDb</name>
                                </property>
                        </activation>
                </profile>

                <profile>
                        <id>recreateTestDbOFF</id>
                        <activation>
                                <property>
                                        <name>!recreateTestDb</name>
                                </property>
                        </activation>
                </profile>

And have your users enable the feature using:

     mvn -DrecreateTestDb

Regards,
Curtis