maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@joda.org>
Subject Re: continuous releasing: versions:set and/or release:update-version to release an aggregator project
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 13:17:42 GMT
The problem is that as it currently stands, the plugin gives the
appearance of randomly choosing when to change versions. If you
consider the second example, the set goal changes R, A, B, D and E,
but not C, despite C being a child of A and in A's aggregator. Its
hard to not describe that as a bug.

Thus, I'm sure you can see the logic of what it is trying to do, but
as a user I just want it to change x to y wherever it sees it in the
whole aggregator build. If that needs a separate goal, then so be it.

I'm not sure how to proceed. The current plugin is useless for my
scenario without a separate script file to manually loop around the
structure. Its clearly useless for other people using aggregators.
You're wildcard suggestion might be an OK solution, but I'd have no
idea to implement it.

I simply want a goal that allows a multi-module build, where the
modules are versioned in lock-step, to be updated. Is that too much to
hope for?

Stephen