maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <>
Subject Re: continuous releasing: versions:set and/or release:update-version to release an aggregator project
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 01:08:20 GMT
On 2 August 2013 01:10, Stephen Connolly
<> wrote:
> The use of wildcard-like behaviour is not a good plan, so being slightly
> more cumbersome on the CLI is a bonus from my PoV.
> I prefer to encourage best practice by making non-best practice harder...
> Making it impossible is not a good idea IMHO.

I'm trying to argue that that your perception of it being bad practice
is out of place. It is very common for teams to want to have a tree of
modules that are all versioned together with a single version number.
It is your implementation choice to make it wildcarded. What I, and
others, need is to simply replace all matching versions in a single
aggregated reactor with a new version. While these two approaches may
seem similar, I humbly suggest that they are conceptually different.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message