maven-users mailing list archives

From "Peter A. LaValle" <peter.lava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can mvn install packages globally (e.g. command line tools like nutch)?
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 16:56:19 GMT
On 15 August 2013 16:51, Andrew Pennebaker <apennebaker@42six.com> wrote:

> I'd like to install some Java command line tools, without having to
> configure PATH manually. Can mvn do this? Package managers from other
> programming languages often offer this ability, like RubyGems and NPM.

The command "mvn install" installs the project in your local repository; so
that other maven projects don't need to download it from a remote repository

> If not, is it conventional to deploy Java command line tools through
> apt-get, brew, chocolatey, etc.?

I think that's your decision - check what platform / OS you want to target.

If you're making a tool that works on maven projects you probably want to
make a maven-plugin and mojo

--
UK cell : 0(775) 832 - 9317
http://peterlavalle.com/