maven-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Mari <mari.france...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to define properties in a parent pom that are referenced in a child pom relative to the parent, not the child?
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:22:44 GMT
Is the path setting a configuration for a plugin? Is it just a property?

If I correctly understood the Maven way, you should wrap your
phantomjs executable in its own project, so to deploy an artifact to
your repository (or at least to have such an artifact in your reactor
project). Then you can use the Maven Dependency Plugin to copy the
phantomjs artifact in the projects which use it.

2013/8/15 KARR, DAVID <dk068x@att.com>:
> I'm trying to setup javascript unit tests with phantomjs.  I'm trying to store the phantomjs
executable in a parent pom along with a path setting relative to that.  When it's referenced
from a child pom, I need the path to be relative to the parent pom, not the child pom.  I
have a similar problem with other common resources that are needed for the test infrastructure.
 I browsed through the references that describe Maven properties, but I didn't see anything
that might help me with this.