maven-users mailing list archives

From Ziga GREGORIC <ziga.grego...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making parent pom the absolute authority over it's children's versioning
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:14:40 GMT
Ten,

you might not need version in your child pom.xml files, if child pom.xml
already have parent pom version.
In my multi module project, with following structure - 4 pom files, 1 for
the parent, and 3 for modules:

+ parent (pom)
- child1 (jar)
- child2 (jar)
- child3 (war)

I'd define version in parent pom, but in childX poms, there will be no
version defined, apart from parent's version inside //project/parent/vesion

Regards,
Ziga