maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: conditional plugin execution
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 09:27:18 GMT
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-clean-plugin/clean-mojo.html#skip is
the key to get you out of your hole.

You write a custom plugin that just sets the property `clean.skip` to true
if the classes are new enough... a simple plugin to write.

Then bind that plugin to the pre-clean phase of your pom (in a profile that
is only activated by the CI system)

and as you are invoking the `clean` phase and not the `clean:clean` mojo
directly, the pre-clean phase will run first, the property will get set,
and bob's a male sibling of one of your parents!