maven-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Can mvn install packages globally (e.g. command line tools like nutch)?
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 21:57:04 GMT
anyone can certainly write maven scripts to update/insert to either local/remote repositories

updating $PATH env vars in either .profile in home/username and or update .bashrc in home/username
is straightforward

updating the windows registry is a swamp filled with hungry alligators and I haven't seen
a maven-plugin to update windows registry..(yet)

If you can provide specifics on :
1)where you want to promote your distros as well as
2)which config files will be updated with the new folder names

we would be able to respond with a more directed solution

HTH
Martin