maven-users mailing list archives

From "Lyons, Roy" <Roy.Ly...@cmegroup.com>
Subject Maven 3.1 profile activation
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 14:11:44 GMT

So...  They released sonar-maven-plugin 2.1...  and my corporate pom is nice enough to developers
to choose the right sonar plugin based on maven version...

                <profile>
                        <id>maven-2</id>
                        <activation>
                                <file>
                                        <!-- basedir expression is only recognized by Maven
3.x (see MNG-2363) -->
                                        <missing>${basedir}</missing>
                                </file>
                        </activation>
                <profile>
                        <id>maven-3</id>
                        <activation>
                                <file>
                                        <!-- This employs that the basedir expression is
only recognized by
                                                Maven 3.x (see MNG-2363) -->
                                        <exists>${basedir}</exists>
                                </file>
                        </activation>

Now I have a problem...

The profile maven-3 will be activated for 3.1, and I have no currently known way to determine
if it is 3.1 or not.

I am looking to get some suggestions from the community as to the best way to compensate for
this issue.  I don't see any new variables I can test, and I dont see any properties which
show the maven version...

Thanks,

Roy Lyons