maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Difference between Eclipse build errors and Maven build dependencies
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 13:43:34 GMT
On 19/08/2013 6:21 AM, TenLeftFingers wrote:
> I've checked out a project that is active in pre-production from SVN and it
> builds fine with Maven. However, in Ecilpse there are markers for 'Java
> build path problems', 'Java Problems', 'Maven Dependency Problems', ,'Maven
> Problems' and 'XML Problems'.
>
> I know there was a transition from managing dependencies with Eclipse to
> using Maven so can I ignore the Eclipse dependencies et al? It doesn't make
> sense to have two dependency managemnet systems. Also, given the BUILD
> SUCCESS, can I safely ignore the other Markers in Eclipse?
>

> --

Did you tell Eclipse that this is a Maven project and has its
dependencies defined by Maven?
Does your Eclipse support Maven?
I use Eclipse/STS from Springforce so Maven support is built-in.
If you want to do your own integration
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/compare.php
http://maven.apache.org/eclipse-plugin.html

Ron