maven-users mailing list archives

From Johannes Wienke <jwie...@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
Subject PMD plugin ignores rue properties in custom ruleset
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 14:46:44 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem with the PMD plugin for maven. For our project I have
defined a custom rulest for PMD in an XML file [1]. This ruleset defines
properties for some of the standard PMD rules using this syntax:

<rule ref="rulesets/java/naming.xml/LongVariable">
    <properties>
        <property name="minimum" value="25"/>
    </properties>
</rule>

When I execute PMD using a parallel ant file we maintain, these custom
properties are respected correctly. However, when executing PMD through
maven, the properties are completely ignored.

And idea what could cause this?

Thanks for any help,
Johannes

The pom.xml we are using is available at [2].

[1]
https://code.cor-lab.org/projects/rsb/repository/rsb-java/revisions/7e71d4d3e6d57c8529111a7f7143edeb48ddec59/entry/codecheck/pmd-rules.xml
[2]
https://code.cor-lab.org/projects/rsb/repository/rsb-java/revisions/ff17c0dd008697f70dad27bd0319f4475ab87712/entry/pom.xml