maven-users mailing list archives

From Gabriel MirĂ³ <gsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven war has META-INF folder in two places
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 16:19:55 GMT
Hello,

I'm working on a project which uses JAAS and unfortunately for me Tomcat
requires a file to be put in a META-INF folder in the root of the war

app.war
   |__META-INF
   |    |___context.xml

I think that it's already weird since the default META-INF location for
WAR's is in the classes folders.

app.war
   |__WEB-INF
   |    |__classes
   |         |__META-INF

I'm using Maven, which states that anything in
src/main/resources/META-INF will be copied to the appropriate place,
which it does. What I'm trying to figure is whu it is also creating a
META-INF folder in the root of the file structure leaving me with 2
META-INF folders.

Project Structure

app
   |__src/main/java
   |__src/main/resources
   |       |__META-INF
   |             |__context.xml

After mvn package

  app
   |__META-INF [1]
   |__WEB-INF
   |     |__classes
   |           |__META-INF [2]
   |                  |__context.xml

So, if the war standard states that META-INF should be under classes
folder, as in #2, why maven war creates the #1 folder. And is there a
way to make it copy files into that folder instead of #2?

Regards