maven-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Turcotte <pat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: continuous releasing: versions:set and/or release:update-version to release an aggregator project
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 13:13:42 GMT
On 01/08/13 01:19 AM, Nestor Urquiza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Let me give more information,
>
> I use an aggregator project for war1 project:
>      <modules>
>          <module>../jar1</module>
>          <module>../jar2</module>
>          <module>../war-inc</module>
>          <module>../war1</module>
>      </modules>
>
> Another aggregator project for war2 project:
>      <modules>
>          <module>../jar1</module>
>          <module>../war-inc</module>
>          <module>../war1</module>
>      </modules>
>
> Notice they both depend on jar1. The jar2 project in fact depends also on
> jar1. The war-inc project is used to keep common web resources for war1 and
> war2. We use maven overlay to marge those shared resources in a final war
> for each project.

 From my point of view, this is not dependency, this is inclusion.

Assuming that :
jar1 and jar2 are independent projects
war-inc is common to all your war projects
war1 and war2 are to flavors of your project.

Each project/module should move at its own pace.

If war1 has a <dependency> on jar1, when war1 is updated, that person
should check in your depot what is the most recent version and update
accordingly.

You say it worked like a charm for 3 years. Maybe you had a problem that
was invisible for 3 years and now becomes apparent because you are
increasing the pace of releases.

My 2 cents.

Patrick