maven-users mailing list archives

From thermaleagle <thermalea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to pass the contents of a file as the value of a command-line parameter when invoking a maven goal
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 11:29:11 GMT
Thanks Stephen - that solved it.
I had not researched the surefire/failsafe configurations enough. I've used
option 2 and passed the port to the failsafe plugin as it is an integration
test. Also, the phase I have used is pre-integration-test. There is a
default port already setup in a properties file and now the randomly chosen
port overrides it as a system property.

Overall, problem solved. Thanks to all for the very prompt replies.

			<plugin>
				<artifactId>maven-failsafe-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>2.12.1</version>
				<configuration>
					<redirectTestOutputToFile>true</redirectTestOutputToFile>
					<argLine>-Xms128m -Xmx1024m -Djava.awt.headless=true</argLine>
					<forkMode>always</forkMode>
					<systemPropertyVariables>
						<jetty.proxy.port>${jetty.proxy.port}</jetty.proxy.port>
					</systemPropertyVariables>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>