maven-users mailing list archives

From Denis Zinevich <l...@ngc.net.ua>
Subject maven assembly. package vs deploy
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 15:02:04 GMT
Hello,

I'm using assembly plugin to get dir and pack it into tar.gz
I'm using pretty simple config made from examples on assembly plugin site. Using my own descriptor
which put all project artifacts (jars) and their deps to lib/ directory.
Now if I do
   mvn clean package
I get project jars in lib dir in format artifact-name-SNAPSHOT.jar

If I do
   mvn clean deploy
I get jars in format artifact-name-SNAPSHOT.jar + same jars in format artifact-name-$TIMESTAMP.jar
where TIMESTAMP is usuall mvn deploy timestamp.
So problem is that in deploy case I get same jars twice but with different names.
Does anyone knows how to fix this ?
Thanks in advance.

--
Denis