maven-users mailing list archives

From Adrien Ruffié <adriennolar...@hotmail.fr>
Subject RE: release prepare with git doesn't finish
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 09:02:49 GMT
Ok great thank all, I first try without batch mode, but normally it's my Jenkins (on ubutun)
which is supposed to release this job ...
I try on jenkins and without batch mode and coming back to you later.

Thank :-)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Francesco Mari [mailto:mari.francesco@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 23 juillet 2013 10:54
À : Maven Users List
Objet : Re: release prepare with git doesn't finish

I had a lot of issues using Git on Windows, especially combined with the Maven Release Plugin.
It looks like that the issue is related to long path names.

It may be that your project has long nested paths (usually Java applications have this problem).
Try to move your project to a shorter path, e.g. C:\prj. This will not fix the issue, but
it works sometimes.

By the way, I use a Linux VM to release stuff. Working on Windows is sad, overall.