maven-users mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <r...@gold-family.us>
Subject Any reason ant should compile faster?
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:28:57 GMT
Hi,

Maybe somebody else has run into this. I'm converting a really messy 200-ant-script build
to maven, and some steps seems to run a lot slower, now.

The case I'm wondering about now is one where we have over 10,000 source files in a directory,
and compile them bit-by-bit. One step specifies about 300 files, and thanks to javac dependency
logic, actually compiles about 4000 files in ant.

I have converted this to maven by moving the 4000 files into the maven project src/main/java
tree. Maven, of course, tells javac to compile all 4000 files.

In ant, this step takes about 20 seconds. In maven, it takes about 90 seconds. Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Russ
and listen to the Misfile radio play <http://www.gold-family.us/audio/misfile.html>!