maven-users mailing list archives

From Baptiste MATHUS <bmat...@batmat.net>
Subject Re: Problem using project.name as build directory
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 12:06:39 GMT
I didn't dig in the code, but looking at that reference page :
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#More_Project_Information

If there's no mention about this point here. This is either an important
missing statement or simply not guaranteed.

As a side note, I would personnally prefer that there's no such fallback.
I'm not sure I see much value here. In this cas it seems preferable to just
use ${project.artifactId}.

Cheers

2013/7/8 Arend v. Reinersdorff <arend@arendvr.com>

> On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Baptiste MATHUS <bmathus@batmat.net>
> wrote:
>
> > That being said, I'm not sure project.name is guaranteed to fallback to
> > project.artifactId value. So you might be relying on something unstable
> > here.
> >
> This is a good point. I remember reading somewhere that project.name falls
> back to project.artifactId. But I can't find the reference anymore.
>
> Does anyone know if the fallback behavior of project.name is officially
> documented anywhere?
>
> Regards,
> Arend

Sauvez un arbre,