maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven / javac does not compile classes to target folder
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 00:45:04 GMT
> Any hint what to try next or an idea for a workaround much appreciated
> *sigh*

In the future, sighs are unnecessary.

> The culprit is that the compilation puts nothing into the target folder,
> even though it says it compiles the 217 classes. No error whatsoever. Maybe
> the words "Stale source detected" ring some bells?

Can you please try "mvn -X compile" and then copy/paste the javac line
that Maven shows you to see if this works/compiles fine with javac or
not? If it works with javac with no issues, then we probably have a
Maven issue somewhere. But if javac doesn't like it, then you can't
really expect Maven to do much for you.

You said it works in IntelliJ but this does not necessarily tell me
that it works in plain command-line javac. There are "lots" of things
that IDEs do to "help" people out. Please test that first.

Wayne