maven-users mailing list archives

From Maximiliano Milicich <maximilianomilic...@gmail.com>
Subject Validate html encoding with maven in webapp project
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 04:56:24 GMT
Hello:
Is it posible to get Maven validate html encoding in a webapp project at
compile time?

Sometimes developers make mistakes and save files with wrong encoding, and
this error appears only when the webapp is deployed onto the web server.

I've tried so far with "maven-resource-plugin" with this section:
   <build>
      <plugins>
         <plugin>
           <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
           <version>2.6</version>
           <configuration>
             <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
           </configuration>
         </plugin>
      </plugins>
  </build>

But it makes nothing...it packages my webapp project even with html with
wrong encoding.

I'm using Maven 3.0.5
Thanx in advance
Max from Buenos Aires, Argentina