maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Should the Maven PMC be an example of how we want the Maven Community to behave (was Re: svn commit: r1506778 - /maven/site/trunk/content/markdown/
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:26:40 GMT
On 26 July 2013 03:25, Andreas Gudian <> wrote:
> I tend to agree with Jason: the PMC needs people who *do* stuff, meaning:
> * bring the project foward (with discussions like this one, or the
> JDK5/JDK6 threads).
> * keep a close eye on commits.
> * keep a very close eye on release votes.
> * continue to assure that we don't do anything that the ASFdoesn't allow,
> while making sure that we don't burden ourselfs with bulky processes to
> achieve that.

Part of this discussion is also to draw the line between PMC and committer.

All but the last point (about ASF) can be done by committers.

A PMC member is no more powerful than a committer (in terms of commit access).
It is however the PMC vote that is binding (See

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message