maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: New to Maven Question
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:15:24 GMT
Hi John,

> output the build order of our products based on the poms

Is it enough to simply run "mvn validate" and parse the output? That will
show you the build order of your multi-module reactor.

If you have multiple projects in multiple reactors, you could create a
toplevel pom.xml joining them all into a single reactor, then run "mvn
validate" to get the build order. That assumes that all the POMs have
matching versions across the projects though, of course.

Regards,
Curtis