maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Any reason ant should compile faster?
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 03:03:38 GMT
Hi Russell,

Is the circular dependency in the API itself (i.e., method signatures) or
merely in usage of the classes in implementation? If only usage, one
strategy to break compile-time dependencies is the java.lang.reflect API.
It's not ideal -- your modules will still have a runtime circular
dependency -- but it will give you a compile-time DAG for easier Maven
modularization.

Regards,
Curtis