maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Preventing Maven from downloading certain versions from external repositories
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 16:35:44 GMT
Hi Kristian,

> In a current project, by convention, we use 1.0-LOCAL-SNAPSHOT as the
> default version for local builds, producing official builds only
> through our CI server. This works well but during local builds, Maven
> will needlessly look for these versions in external repositories,
> slowing the build down.

If the LOCAL-SNAPSHOT modules are all part of the same reactor, Maven
shouldn't try to resolve them remotely. So I am assuming you have multiple
codebases with inter-codebase dependencies? In that case, you could create
another multi-module POM at the very top level, putting each codebase in a
subdirectory, then build all projects as part of the same reactor. The
LOCAL-SNAPSHOT dependency couplings should all get resolved from the
reactor then.

Regards,
Curtis