maven-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Mari <mari.france...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release prepare with git doesn't finish
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 08:53:38 GMT
I had a lot of issues using Git on Windows, especially combined with the
Maven Release Plugin. It looks like that the issue is related to long path
names.

It may be that your project has long nested paths (usually Java
applications have this problem). Try to move your project to a shorter
path, e.g. C:\prj. This will not fix the issue, but it works sometimes.

By the way, I use a Linux VM to release stuff. Working on Windows is sad,
overall.