maven-users mailing list archives

From Gonfi den Tschal <gonfidentsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven / javac does not compile classes to target folder
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 19:43:26 GMT
wayne, thanks a lot for your response, it helped to figure out what's going
on.

it's indeed javac that aborts (yes aborts, no error, it just quits).
something with annotations in enum constructors, it's not reported to the
javac mailing list
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/compiler-dev/2013-July/006902.html

i was wondering if maven could detect that javac does not end successfully,
and then abort and blame the compilation directly instead of building an
empty jar and going on, which takes longer to find the real issue. but then
again i seem to be the only person affected by this ...

i've found a workaround for my compilation, so for me the case is closed.
thanks again!