maven-users mailing list archives

From Ziga GREGORIC <ziga.grego...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stop offline mode artifact version renumbering
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2013 19:59:57 GMT
Hi Eric,

Not sure if I got you either, but see if this can help you out.

Where is the jetty with 'unwanted' version coming from? Use mvn
dependency:tree, but don't completely rely on results, as it is broken
(there's an issue on this in jira) and you might find the artifact, that
adds the wrong jetty as transitive dependency. For this artifact, add jetty
to excludes (in your pom - don't manipulate jetty poms). In case something
from jetty is now missing, add it in dependecies explicitly.

Another approach, which is easier but might not always work is to define
add dependencyManagement section and specify there all jetty versions you
want to use.

Forcing maven into taking what you have in the local repo by manipulating
local repo xml's scares me off. I'd trust pom.xml's of my project,
fine-tune it, test with -o on another box.

Ziga

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 3:48 AM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com