maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: introducing maven-proguard-plugin
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:01:56 GMT
Please refrain from referring to your plugin as the maven ____ plugin.
Maven and Apache Maven are trademarks of the Apache Foundation and as such
their use requires some clarity.

We (the Maven project) have sought guidance as to how others can use our
mark and the guidance we got is that if the other work is clearly a
separate work from Maven, eg "XYZ's ____ plugin for Maven" then that is
something we can permit.

The brief check of your site on my phone looks ok (not sure if you ack the
marks though) but the email subject is not a good use.

We have to demonstrate that we actively protect our marks when
inappropriate use is brought to our attention... So ease don't refer to it
as a "maven ____ plugin" again.

Thank you for developing your plugin and growing our community, BTW