maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stop offline mode artifact version renumbering
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:18:30 GMT
On 29 July 2013 15:04, Bahmer, Eric V <bahmer@lanl.gov> wrote:

> I was just hoping that maybe maven could use the local version numbers
> without renumbering everything as a command line option, especially for my
> environment where I can't have the maven going online and have to use the
> packages that I built from sources due to security requirements.

In the on-going war between Maven and people who want to make Maven do
things their way, chalk up another victory for Maven.

You entered this battle determined to bend Maven to your will... that is
the only surefire way to ensure your defeat by Maven. I suspect the fixing
of your issues will involve unwinding a lot of "hard won" battles on your
behalf.

I humbly suggest that you consider a different build system, as Maven does
not share your philosophy, and as such you will only end up hating Maven
(when you should be hating yourself for using it against an inappropriate
use-case). That way, when you have an appropriate use case for a Maven
style build of a project, you will still be open to using Maven for that
project.

-Stephen