maven-users mailing list archives

From "Markus Karg" <>
Subject mvn release:prepare does not update parent version
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 12:25:53 GMT
I'm driving nuts with mvn release:prepare...:

When I do mvn release:prepare, Maven asks whether I want to update all
SNAPSHOT version referenced in the POM.
I say "yes" and confirm all suggested replacement versions unchanged.
When Maven is done, I check the POM.xml.
It is correctly rewritten for all references, but not for the parent
The parent version still references the *old* SNAPSHOT, while obviously
it should now name the *next* SNAPSHOT.

Can somebody tell me what I have to do so that mvn release:prepare will
also make the parent version point tot he *next* SNAPSHOT, as it does it
correctly with the dependencies and the project's own version?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message