maven-users mailing list archives

From "Markus Karg" <k...@quipsy.de>
Subject mvn release:prepare does not update parent version
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 07:47:01 GMT
I'm driving nuts with mvn release:prepare...:

When I do mvn release:prepare, Maven asks whether I want to update all
SNAPSHOT version referenced in the POM.

I say "yes" and confirm all suggested replacement versions unchanged.

When Maven is done, I check the POM.xml.

It is correctly rewritten for all references, but not for the parent
version.

The parent version still references the *old* SNAPSHOT, while obviously
it should now name the *next* SNAPSHOT.

Can somebody tell me what I have to do so that mvn release:prepare will
also make the parent version point tot he *next* SNAPSHOT, as it does it
correctly with the dependencies and the project's own version?

Thanks!

-Markus