maven-users mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <r...@gold-family.us>
Subject Re: Maven bug in conjunction with annotation processing ?
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 15:28:44 GMT
Hi Tommy,

I've run into some problems along these lines, but in my case, it only happens when I build
first using Maven and then try to recompile in the IDE. The problem appears to be that the
two disagree on where the generated classes go (there was a change in one of the JDK releases,
I believe).

I work around that by doing a clean compile in maven before starting IDE work.

Is that your problem? Or are you only seeing this by only doing repeated Maven builds? I don't
have that problem.

- Russ

On Jul 19, 2013, at 11:22 AM, Tommy Svensson <tommy@natusoft.se> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have found a problem when using auto triggered annotation processors (META-INF/services/javax.annotation.Processor)
with maven builds! The problem occurs when the code have been built once and the annotation
processors have been triggered and generated code.  If I then build again without doing a
clean in between then I get a duplicate class exception for each generated class. I suspect
this is because maven have already build the previous versions before annotation processing
is triggered and when the newly updated/generated sources  are compiled it conflicts the the
previous built classes.

> This problem does not occur when I build in the IDE not using maven. Then the annotation
processing behaves as expected. I suspect that if the processor weren't specified in META-INF/services/javax.annotation.Processor,
and was run manually with apt-maven-plugin it would work better, but that is not an option.
I wan't my processor to be able to be used the standard Java way, and with maven, without
having 2 versions of it. I have found a way to identify in the processor when there already
are old sources available and don't regenerate then, which will make it run in maven, but
will then not update the generated sources without first doing a clean when annotations are
updated. This is of course not a good solution.