maven-users mailing list archives

From Alan Buck <>
Subject RE: Not authorized issue when transfering metadata...
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 16:28:50 GMT
This is running on the Team City machine (as always it builds fine on my local machine) and
our team has been building the 1.9-SNAPSHOT successfully for months now. This is the first
build since the 4-day July 4th weekend though.

I haven't changed anything on the Team City machine but everyone in the company has access
to and can change anything on the TC machine. There are only a few of us that are brave enough
to mess with this configuration on the TC machine.

The C:\.m2 folder is empty on the TC machine. However, this is the <server> section
of the settings.xml file found in the mps directory at mps/maven/.m2. The configurations shown
here have not changed since 7/25/2012 and we build multiple times a day at each commit.

            <password>There is a password here but I removed it</password>

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Connolly []
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 9:09 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Not authorized issue when transfering metadata...

On 8 July 2013 16:37, Alan Buck <> wrote:

> I'm beginning to get the hang of Maven but I just ran into an issue
> that I'm not sure how to rectify it.
> com.p1s:mps] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy
> (default-deploy) on project mps: Failed to retrieve remote metadata
> com.p1s:mps:1.9-SNAPSHOT/

Could be auth issue on retrieval, or could be that this is the first 1.9-SNAPSHOT to be deployed

> maven-metadata.xml: Could not transfer metadata
> com.p1s:mps:1.9-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml from/to snaps (dav:
> http://madarchiva:8080/archiva/repository/snapshots): Not authorized

Certainly an auth issue trying to deploy

> I'm building a project, mps, that is throwing the above error. I'm not
> sure how to interpret this but I think it is saying that in the
> maven-deploy-plugin (version 2.7) there is an authorization problem.

Have you got the correct user auth details in ~/.m2/setttings.xml in the <servers> section
in your pom?

> Is this authorization to get something from madarchiva or is it trying
> to get something from com.p1s:mps:1.9-SNAPSHOT?
> Any help in understanding this error message would be appreciated.
> Alan

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message