maven-users mailing list archives

From gigi <ggtech...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: odd behavior of maven surefire plugin
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 16:07:34 GMT
Sorry for sending the question twice. I thought it was not posted the
first time so I tried again.

I think I figured out why it is failing. As we have surefire and
cobertura both and it is a well known issue that the tests will be run
twice, the jetty tests are OK the first time with surefire but failed
with cobertura as jetty from first run are not terminated yet/correctly.
But I'm still confused why it works with the original configuration
:-(   Can anyone please give me some hints? Unfortunately, we cannot do
very much with the centos 5.7 server. it is our building env and would
take more power than I have to change anything there

Here are the error msgs

10:01:01,226 ERROR JettyHTTPServerEngine - Could not start Jetty server
on port 7,789: Address already in use
10:01:01,280 ERROR TestContextManager - Caught exception while allowing
TestExecutionListener
[org.springframework.test.context.support.DependencyInjectionTestExecutionListener@801b120]

to prepare test instance [com.myapp.services.JettyTest@2713affb]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to load ApplicationContext
     at
org.springframework.test.context.TestContext.getApplicationContext(TestContext.java:157)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.support.DependencyInjectionTestExecutionListener.injectDependencies(DependencyInjectionTestExecutionListener.java:109)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.support.DependencyInjectionTestExecutionListener.prepareTestInstance(DependencyInjectionTestExecutionListener.java:75)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.TestContextManager.prepareTestInstance(TestContextManager.java:321)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.createTest(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.java:211)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner$1.runReflectiveCall(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.java:288)
     at
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.methodBlock(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.java:290)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.java:231)
     at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:47)
     at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:231)
     at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:60)
     at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:229)
     at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:50)
     at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:222)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.RunBeforeTestClassCallbacks.evaluate(RunBeforeTestClassCallbacks.java:61)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.RunAfterTestClassCallbacks.evaluate(RunAfterTestClassCallbacks.java:71)
     at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:300)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.run(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.java:174)
     at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:35)
     at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:115)
     at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:97)
     at
     at
     at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ClassLoaderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:103)
     at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.invokeProvider(SurefireStarter.java:150)
     at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireStarter.java:91)
     at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:69)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'restServer': Invocation of init method
failed; nested exception is
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1455)
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:519)
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:294)
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:225)
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:193)
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:585)
     at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:913)
     at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:464)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.support.AbstractGenericContextLoader.loadContext(AbstractGenericContextLoader.java:103)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.support.AbstractGenericContextLoader.loadContext(AbstractGenericContextLoader.java:1)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.support.DelegatingSmartContextLoader.loadContext(DelegatingSmartContextLoader.java:228)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.TestContext.loadApplicationContext(TestContext.java:124)
     at
org.springframework.test.context.TestContext.getApplicationContext(TestContext.java:148)
     ... 30 more
Caused by: org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException
     at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:194)
     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor28.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeCustomInitMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1581)
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1522)
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1452)
     ... 44 more
Caused by: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not start Jetty
server on port 7,789: Address already in use
     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPServerEngine.addServant(JettyHTTPServerEngine.java:383)
     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.activate(JettyHTTPDestination.java:171)
     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractObservable.setMessageObserver(AbstractObservable.java:48)
     at
org.apache.cxf.binding.AbstractBaseBindingFactory.addListener(AbstractBaseBindingFactory.java:97)
     at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:131)
     at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:185)
     ... 50 more
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
     at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
     at
sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:124)
     at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:172)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:300)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:249)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:272)
     at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPServerEngine.addServant(JettyHTTPServerEngine.java:372)
     ... 55 more
10:01:01,346 ERROR JettyHTTPServerEngine - Could not start Jetty server
on port 7,789

On 7/30/13 11:10 AM, Martin Gainty wrote:
> since centos 5.5 works and  centos 5.7 doesn't work the culprit is either
>
> 1a)centos 5.7 64bit Operating System was not installed and or
> configured property
>
> 1b)OR 64 bit JDK for 5.7 centos was not installed and or configured
> properly
>
> 1)Get centos 5.7 64bit OS setup correctly
>
> http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-centos-5.7-x86_64-ispconfig-2
>
> 2)download 64bit JDK from (note oracle supports 32 and 64 bit binaries for windows, solaris
and Linux)  so centos binaries will be necessary
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/os/x86_64/CentOS/
> 3)verify JDK works correctly before testing any app that platforms on JDK
>
> once these 2 critical steps have been completed and tested ..feel free to ping list for
'maven specific installation' issues