maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Should the Maven PMC be an example of how we want the Maven Community to behave (was Re: svn commit: r1506778 - /maven/site/trunk/content/markdown/project-roles.md)
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 18:57:45 GMT
I gather that the process is a simple vote by the existing members.

Perhaps this is one of those things that is best left uncodified and
allow each person who has to make the decision to chose their own criteria.

Clearly people like to work with people that they find intelligent,
people whose judgment they trust and people who are fun to work with and
people who are willing to do the tasks required to keep the project on
track.

If someone has additional criteria that they want to apply, I suppose
there is not much that you can do about it.
If they can persuade others that their criteria matters in a particular
case, I suppose a new candidate could be turned down who the minority
think should be added.

If this criteria eliminates enough good candidates, the project will
suffer and another Maven will emerge to take up the space.

As an outsider, I personally would not support the inclusion of the
criteria and would be hard to persuade that this is grounds for
rejection of an otherwise acceptable candidate.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President