maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Any reason ant should compile faster?
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 19:28:53 GMT
On 24/07/2013 12:35 PM, Russell Gold wrote:
> I wish I could break it up. Among the problems with this code is the extreme bit of coupling.
The scripts list 300 files to compile because that's all that we would have wanted, but they
pull in other files, which pull in yet others. Trying to compile this fairly small subsystem
winds up building about a third of the entire project.
Pulling in classes does not mean recompiling them.
Once you have compiled the dependencies and aggregate them into jars,
they can be referenced without recompiling them.
This will speed things up tremendously.

Do you at least have packages to use as a starting point?

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President