maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: API to resolve an artifact in Maven3
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 19:11:14 GMT
You are not using Maven; you are developing a custom plug-in.

That is a development activity so you should expect that it will be more
difficult than what other users need to do and you will need information
that is of no use to anyone else.

It appears that you are trying to extend Maven in a way that is outside
what Maven likes to do so you can expect that some information will be
hard to find outside the code.

Ron

On 22/07/2013 2:54 PM, Richard Sand wrote:
> Hey Russell - DependencyGraphBuilder seems to be for resolving the
> dependencies that the project already has, i.e. in the
> <project><dependencies> element. What I'm trying to do now is configure
> additional dependencies used by my plugin at runtime outside of the project
> dependencies.
>
> I've used a lot of open source projects but I cannot remember one as opaque
> as Maven. I'm looking through maven-dependency-plugin now to see if I can
> glean any insights. It seems that plugin used the same technique you did in
> its DefaultArtifactsResolver utility class. I'm going to check out the
> project from svn to see how its initializing.

>>> o
>>> n-aeth
>>> er-be-compatible-with-maven-3-0-x-and-3-1-x#comment25769765_17686482
>>>
>>> Now I am using something like that :
>>>      Artifact enforceArtifact =
>>> defaultArtifactFactory.createArtifact(enforceGroupId,enforceArtifactI
>>> ,enfor
>>> ceVersion,"",enforceType);
>>>      MavenProject enforcePom =
>>> mavenProjectBuilder.buildFromRepository(
>>> enforceArtifact, remoteRepositories, localRepository);
>>>      DependencyNode rootNode =
>>> dependencyGraphBuilder.buildDependencyGraph(enforcePom, new
>>> CumulativeScopeArtifactFilter(Arrays.asList(Artifact.SCOPE_COMPILE,

--
Ron Wheeler
President