maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Maven deploy goal using ROLE account on Linux/Unix
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 01:22:36 GMT
There has been many discussions about trying to use Maven without a
proper Maven repo.

Barrie is one of the experienced Maven users and his advice is worth
following.

We use the community version of Nexus and are very happy but other repos
exist and are well regarded.

There are a lot of advantages besides the problem you are currently
trying to solve.

Ron

On 17/07/2013 9:15 PM, Barrie Treloar wrote:
> The other short answer is:
>
> Don't share your local m2 cache (~/.m2/repository) between developers.
> That is a bad idea because one developers "install" of snapshots will
> pollute the cache for everyone and give you something you dont expect.
>
> Local disk is cheap - dont worry about the waste.
>
> The correct way is to install a Maven Repository Manager (see
> http://maven.apache.org/repository-management.html) which will isolate
> your from external repository failures and also reduce your internet
> usage.

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc