maven-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Sewe <s...@st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: opinion on obfuscator plugin default execution phase?
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 08:05:55 GMT
Hi Richard,

> I can see it both ways... If it runs at
> the packaging phase, it'll start (by default) by processing the packaged
> artifact created by the default packaging and either overwriting the
> artifact or creating a new one with a classifier (e.g. "<artifact>-small").
> If it runs at the pre-packaging phase, I'd have it start processing on the
> output folder from the compile phase.

without taking a stance on which of the two options is better/more
Maven-like, I would also add an option 3: obfuscate the class files in
the process-classes phase [1]. That way the unit tests run against the
obfuscated classes, which may expose problems due to the obfuscation
that would otherwise go unnoticed.

Hope that helps.

Andreas

[1]