maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Maven and JPA/EclipseLink Configuration...
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 13:39:25 GMT
Where does an installer fit in this vision?

It seems to me, having installed thousands of programs as a Windows user
and Linux system administrator, that a lot of the discussion about
deployment issues seem to ignore the role of installers (rpm, msi,
izPack, etc.).

They are specifically designed to tweak packages during deployment.

They can be set up very easily to be very smart about using input from
the Application Deployer and Administrator or from the environment
directly, to customize the installed application.

Ron

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc