maven-users mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <>
Subject Re: Preventing Maven from downloading certain versions from external repositories
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 14:23:31 GMT
Maven has a fair number of conventions that are respected by a lot of its code. Trying to work
against those conventions is likely to cause problems for you. Maybe if you explain what your
goal is, we can suggest a more Maven-like way of accomplishing the same thing.

On Jul 25, 2013, at 8:58 AM, Kristian Freed <> wrote:

> Hi,
> In a current project, by convention, we use 1.0-LOCAL-SNAPSHOT as the
> default version for local builds, producing official builds only through
> our CI server. This works well but during local builds, Maven will
> needlessly look for these versions in external repositories, slowing the
> build down.
> Is there a way to configure Maven never to look for specific versions
> outside the local .m2 cache to avoid this slowdown?
> Regards,
> Kristian

Come read my webnovel, Take a Lemon <>,
and listen to the Misfile radio play <>!